Monday Musings

Spring Break, here we are!  What ever will we find to do?  Let's see - we started out with two beautiful, sunshiny days and are currently listening out for storm and tornado warnings.  Yikes!  But... no fear, the much needed mulching got done just in time to blown away!  We got the play set in the backyard taken completely apart without the help of the treacherous winds.  Maybe they'll just blow it all away and we won't have to worry about hauling it off!  Ok, enough about yard work and weather... Here's a picture I just had to share.  I've been passing this house for over a year and every time I pass it I think, "man, I need to take a picture of that!".  So today I did.  Sorry for the quality - I was the passenger trying to take a quick shot through the driver's side while we were driving by.  ;)  Anyway, this sooo reminds me of a family I grew up with.  They lived in a mobile home for many years while they saved up and built their dream home (directly behind the trailer).  They, of course, moved the trailer after the house was built.  I'm assuming that is the case with this house.  I don't know how long they've lived in the trailer, but I'd guess a pretty long time.  The house (ahem... mansion) behind it still isn't finished, but man what a house it is!


Cool, huh?  Quite a sight for sure!  

Moving on....

We had a great afternoon at the park with the girls today.  Seems that a lot of people had the same idea as we did.  :)  Nonetheless, the girls got ample time on the swings (since theirs is in a heaping pile in the backyard) and climbed on the play sets.  Derek also flew our kite for a while.  It was a great day for it!  

Did I mention WHY the play set is disassembled?  We've been saying since we moved here that it needed replacing (the previous owners left it behind).  Just like most of the do-it-yourself projects that were done by previously mentioned owners, the quality of workmanship on the play set was mediocre at best.  :/  It was ok for a while because really, how much damage can a 25 pound person make?  But, now there are two of them -  more rambunctious - and the safety was concern.  We've also been working in the yard a lot and decided we'd build a playhouse instead (and by "we", I of course mean Derek).  He's got grand plans to include the slide and swings.  He's so handy like that!

Well, enough of my ramblings for one night.  The storms have successfully woken my 5, going on 15, year old who is asking some pretty deep questions.  I'll leave you with a few more pictures of our day.

Go fly a kite!

Climbing the wall

Weeeeee

2 comments:

  1. Fields said...:

    That house is crazy!

    Hope you all made it through the storms safely. The wind scared the heck out of me.

  1. Amy said...:

    Awww, fun memories on that swing! But I am sure Derek will do a great job on the playhouse!

 
Loving, Losing, & Living © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops