I Burned How Many Calories?

Reality, my friends!  There's a really cool site that I've been using - www.dailymile.com to monitor my workouts.  It's free.  I love it!  It's also a big ole reality check.  Now, I've been doing pretty well with my diet.  I'm not completely "carb free".  I mean, come on, my body needs them if I'm working out, right?  But, I have drastically changed the amount that I allow. I've pretty much cut out sweets completely.  I had my first roll and mashed potatoes today simply because I went to a luncheon and there was NO other choice!  (But, I did walk 3 miles before I went.)  Anyhoo... I'm making much better choices.  I've also been working out 4 times a week.  Now, I know that there are different ways to measure how many calories you burn, but I'm not sure exactly which way is correct.  For example, the Greenway has signs posted that basically says for every mile you walk, you burn 100 calories.  Yay!  However, when I factor in the time it takes to do those 3 miles (thanks to the above link), it may only say 230 because of the time it took me.  Bummer.  Which brings me to my next thought:  It DOES matter what you eat!  I looked at my stats from last week.  I worked out 4 days, a total of 4 hours and burned 1650.  Not too shabby, huh?  The week before, I worked out 3 days and only burned 504 calories.  When I think about the amount of time I put into the exercise I do, I do NOT want to waste my calories (or carbs) on junk.  Really makes you think about what you eat!  At least, I do.

Here's to consistency - my greatest problem, EVER.  But, I'm finishing up week #3.  I'm down 6 pounds.  I'll take it!

0 comments:

 
Loving, Losing, & Living © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops