Week's End Review

I just have to share.  I'm having a ball!  It's been a great week!  I think I posted briefly about my weekend away with Chosen (the group I sing with) last week, but I didn't go into much detail.  It was a spiritual retreat -- kind of a time to grow closer to Christ individually and as a group.  I've truly felt a closeness to Him that I haven't felt before.  I feel a change within me and I like it!  I'm not perfect and never will be.  But, I know God can work through anybody in any circumstance.  With that being said, I'm really enjoying digging deeper into the Bible.  I've been fortunate enough to be involved in a few really awesome studies lately.  We recently finished "James, Mercy Triumphs" by Beth Moore.  AWESOME!  I had never studied that book before, but it's awesome!  He is so straight forward in his teaching.  Very convicting!  Beth encourages you to memorize the whole book of James, which is 5 chapters.  I have a dear friend that has already done it.  I'm really encouraged to do it myself.  I've got half of the first chapter done... it's a start!

We're currently doing a study called "Brave" by Angela Thomas.  This past week's lesson was on self discipline.  What amazing timing!  God knew exactly what I was going to need when I went to the doctor on Monday.  He knew that I was going to need to make a healthy lifestyle change and it was going to take serious self discipline.... which I don't have!  But, I've survived my first week without carbs and I'm proud to report that I've lost 4 pounds since Tuesday.  Can you believe it?!  And, honestly, not on my own strength - but I have done totally fine.  I've been a little hungry, but I have not been tempted to eat poorly AT ALL!  Even in situations where I don't have a choice (like food provided at a conference I went to), I was able to make the best of the situation.  I threw away the bread and just ate the meat/cheese/veggies off the sandwich.  I totally bypassed the cookies.  Didn't even care!  I'm just praying for strength and consistency.  I know there will be days of total frustration.  But, right now, I'm running full force into getting healthy.  I'm even taking vitamins... and if you know me, that's a big deal.  LOL

I pray that you all have a spectacular week!  Make those changes you need to make.  Stick to them!  And, if you don't feel like you can, pray that the Lord will give you the strength you need every day!

0 comments:

 
Loving, Losing, & Living © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops