The Season of Singing Has Come....

"I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my understanding." 1 Cor. 14:15
"Sing to Him, sing praise to Him; tell of all His wonderful acts." 1 Chr. 16:9
"I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing the praises of Your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:2
"Sing to Him a new song..." Psalm 9:2
"Because You are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings." Psalm 63:7
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens." Ecc 3:1
"...the season of singing has come..." Song of Sol 2:12
"...sing and make music from your heart to the Lord." Eph 5:19

When I got to singing rehearsal with my new sweet friends Wednesday morning, these were the verses that were written down and handed to me by our fearless leader.  Perfect reference to the events that unfolded in the next few minutes.  Today was the first day back for the lady on maternity leave that I have been filling in for.  I knew my time was almost up, but they had asked me to stick around a little longer because another member would be going on a mission trip in April, so it just made sense to all sing together until the end of her trip.  So, back to the verses I began with.  The leader handed me the card with these verses on them and asked me to read them aloud to the rest of the group.  There's this part of my brain saying, "Oh, it's time to say goodbye and they got me this sweet card."  (Because, seriously people, these are the most precious, genuinely thoughtful ladies E.V.E.R!)  However, at the bottom of the page there was an arrow pointing to the other side.  I flipped it over and began to read aloud - until the tears started and I couldn't talk any more.  My heart rejoiced, my brain did a 180 (yes, in my head), and I felt like a giddy little girl as I read about half way down the page to these words... "We would be honored if you would join us as a member of WOW - officially - and sing His praises with us as a permanent member!" 

Are you kidding me?!  I am just beside myself with excitement!  What an absolute honor and privilege to be part of this amazing group, who by the way, have been singing together for 7 years!  I know God knows the desires of our hearts, so I should not be so amazed when He provides such blessings, but I am!  God is so good!  He knew what I had need of.  He knew my heartfelt desire.  And, He paved a path for me - putting these lovely people in my life for a reason.  "I will rejoice and be glad in it!" 

Now, the reality side of me, in all seriousness, is scared.  Not just because of the great commitment I just made.  But, I know how Satan loves to try to crush things that are pleasing to God.  And, I remember a time when I was part of such a group that was singing His praises before - and Satan attacked each of our families in a mighty way.  But, I know that my God is bigger!  We are going to have a good time singing and praising.  I in no way feel worthy of this position, but I am incredibly grateful beyond any words that I can type in this space!  =)  Thank you, Jesus, for your grace & mercy!

1 comments:

  1. Darsi said...:

    That's great, Kim! I know you were dreading not getting to sing with the group anymore. Congratulations!

 
Loving, Losing, & Living © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops