The Devil went down to Alabama

I've got a few minutes by myself this morning and thought I'd just post a few random thoughts for my blogging friends.  We all know how therapeutic this can be.  ;)  We've been pretty busy and I know ya'll need a recap.  LOL

We've had some sickness (again) at our house the last few days.  Audrey has had an upset stomach since Saturday.  I finally took her to the doctor yesterday - and it's just viral.  Nothing they can do.  She seems to be a lot better today. 

On that note, I finally sent myself to the doctor.  I've been dealing with vertigo for over 3 years now.  I've just learned to live with it.  I'm sensitive to my left side.  I know that I can't turn certain ways without spinning.  In the past it has been from wax build up.  Sounds gross, I know.  I promise, I wash my ears....LOL... but some things you just can't control!  Anyway, I don't normally have pain in my ear, so after 3 days of it, I decided I should go to the doctor.  Much to my surprise, there was no infection or wax.  Kinda puzzling.  She did find out that I have something called Nystagmus.  Basically, I have some involuntary movement of my eyes when trying to follow some things.  She said, "No wonder you're dizzy."  Ya think?!  She also referred me to some sort of Vertigo Physical Therapy.  Who knew?!  I'm also going to make an appointment to get my eyes checked considering I don't remember EVER having had an eye exam.  (Shame on me!)


Let me say, I need an attitude adjustment again.  This week has made me sooo resentful of my job.  I am incredibly grateful for it.  My boss is great.  But, my "part time job" is getting in the way of life and consumes me.  I didn't go in Monday, but worked from home because Audrey was sick - so I'm grateful for that flexibility.  But, the less I do, the more it piles up (funny how that works, huh?).  I've talked to my boss about adding someone else, as there use to be 2 people working for him.  He's been talking about adding someone else for months - but nothing yet.  When summer is here, I have to drastically cut back hours.  The problem is that I think about it all the time.  I feel like I'm constantly thinking about work and what needs to be done.  I don't just go to the office, work 4 hours, and go home.  Because I can work from home & there are so many things to be done, I have this cloud hovering over my head all the time to get it done.  Many nights, like tonight, I'm sitting here at 11:00 at night answering e-mails, placing orders, and figuring out what I have to do in the 1 free hour I have tomorrow.  Truth be told, I just want to be home taking care of my girls like I did before.  I don't want to question *if* I have time to spend with them when they're sick.  I'll just keep praying that things work out as they should.  In the meantime, I'll tweak my attitude and work on my time management.

Let me tell you how excited I am about our upcoming weekend in Alabama!  The group I'm singing with now will be doing 2 concerts Sunday. I'm really looking forward to a weekend with the ladies - just getting to know them and having some "girl time".  I'm prayerful that our music will be worshipful and that God will work through us to reach those in need of Him.  Satan sure is working though!  He knows that a good thing is about to happen and he's reaching in where he can to try to stop it.  Our group has had some sickness and hit one member really hard today with some devastating news.  But, we are on our hands and knees praying that the Lord will intervene and bless this trip.  He will be present and He will beat the devil down!

So... this post didn't actually get posted this morning - because those "few minutes alone" weren't enough to organize these crazy thoughts.  There are more thoughts to organize and share with you... but I'm so tired right now... I'm doing good to get these posted.  So, I'll leave you with these thoughts and I'll return again soon.  And, by soon, I mean probably next week.  :)

0 comments:

 
Loving, Losing, & Living © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops