Revelations of Revelation

We just finished up our amazing new Beth Moore study on the Book of Revelation.  Amazing!  I did miss last week's video - and missed a piece of homework here and there (which I do intend to go back and finish), but I still got so much out of it.  I've studied the book of Revelation somewhat halfheartedly in the past (if I'm being honest here...), but this is the second study in the past year that we've been involved in at our church.  I feel like there is soooo much that I don't know, so I am incredibly grateful for our church, the teachers, and the people that God has surrounded us with since joining First Redeemer.  It has been a major heart change for me.  I'm humbled by how much I don't know! 

With all that being said, WOW, what an eye opening study this has been!  Today was our final lesson - just a wrap up with a time line provided by one of the great teachers at our church.  I thought I'd share some of the things I've learned in this study that really stuck out to me.  First of all, the parallels between Genesis and Revelation.  It truly is full circle.  God is The Beginning and The End.  He is Alpha and Omega.  What God starts in Genesis, He finishes in Revelation.  (There are also some great parallels in the book of Daniel I want to dig into.)  Another thing we touched on that I want to dig into deeper, purely out of fascination, are the Bowls of Wrath and the idols/gods the judgments parallel.  Also, a huge revelation for me was in realizing there is nothing left to be fulfilled before The Rapture.  Simply put, it's next on the checklist!  We have no idea when it will take place, but there are no prophecies to be fulfilled before then. 

Along the lines of the rapture, there is still one issue that I'm struggling with.  I did not realize this until the study - and there are still some questions that I have and am researching independently and with friends.  It had never occurred to me the possibility that those that have heard of Jesus, but reject him prior to the rapture, will not have another opportunity afterward.  (Those that have never heard will have an opportunity.)  But, it isn't until after the 2nd Coming that new generations will receive the opportunity to accept Him as Savior.  I guess I can understand that point of view - ok, you've been told, you chose to reject sight unseen, the rapture happens, and now you want to believe after seeing what you just saw?  I don't think so!  So where's the back up scripture to this?  God states in 2 Thess 2:10-11 ...."and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.  For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false"....... So, I'm kinda leaving this one open ended. I'm sure there will be those that disagree.  And, as I stated, I'm still researching.  It's just been on my heart all day.  I may be confused about the events, but nonetheless, it gives me a new sense of urgency to share the gospel.  I have never been very good with witnessing to others (shame on me), but I feel God tugging at my heart to make that a priority.  Please pray with me that He will teach me and guide me as I learn more and more about Him each day and that He will give me the wisdom and the words to say. 

0 comments:

 
Loving, Losing, & Living © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops