Good Times

I haven't posted too much about school lately - though we're moving right along smoothly.  We've had so much fun recently that I wanted to share a few highlights and photos.

First of all, my sweet little cheerleaders are doing fantastic!  I'm really proud of the progress they've made.  We still have a LONG way to go - and I'm a little nervous with our first competition only 26 days away (yikes!).  But, I feel so much better having had a little visit from our choreographer last night as she passed through on her way back to Florida.  She was very impressed with their progress.  Yay!!

I think I've shared that Derek is finishing his PhD in May.  We had to take a less than 24 hours round trip to Knoxville and back last week.  (Sorry, Allie!!!)  We had planned on just the two of us going, but at the very last minute decided the beautiful weather called for a little camping trip.  :)  The girls were beyond excited and had a blast!  On the way home, we took one of Derek's infamous "scenic routes" through Dragon Tail and Fontana Dam.  Here are a few photos from our trip:

Trying to beat the sun going down and get everything put up before dark.

WooHoo!  Which bedroom does Audrey want?

Ballet on a picnic table in the dark?  Well, of course!

Our humble abode for the evening.  Great weather.  Great company!

Fontana Dam - it was beautiful.

Me & the girls

Saturday evening was filled fun, surprises, & a throwback to the 80's.  We helped throw a surprise party - a murder mystery based around a high school reunion.  We used the same school, graduation year, and colors as the birthday girl's high school.  It was amazing!  Hope you get a great laugh with these pics!

Chosen - in all their 80's glory!

Have I told you how much I love my CriCut?  Whipped up this banner myself!

Uh, oh!  David is dead!

That's right... Derek is rocking a mullet.  And, I look like a street walker from 1980.
Too bad I didn't take the pic before the party instead of after - my hair was way higher.  LOL
Oh, no!  Another murder!!  Why does her husband look so happy?  Hmmmm...

The mayor and his wife... the former prom queen & football star.  Look suspicious, don't they?

And, how about the class rock stars?!

And, last but not least.  I'm down a total of 7.8 pounds.  I'm losing very slowly, but at least I'm losing consistently.  I'll take it!!  My goal is to lose 11 more pounds by Thanksgiving.  I can do it!!



1 comments:

  1. Fields said...:

    Awesome photos! I love the area around the Dragon. It's so beautiful!

    Soooo.......guess who's coming to ATL this weekend to get a new couch at IKEA? =)

 
Loving, Losing, & Living © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops