Weekend Update

We just got back from a great weekend celebrating the marriage of my brother and his new bride, Jennifer.  It was a sweet wedding in an adorable little church in the mountains of middle TN.  Of course, it was on the Vols off weekend, but everything was decked out in orange and white.  Maddie did a fabulous job as Flower Girl.  Audrey handed out the programs and bubbles.  Derek was an usher. It was a great time.  I'll share a few pictures from the day.

Daddy's Girls

The sweetest flower girl lovingly watching her Uncle Kyle.

The new Mr. & Mrs.

The girls and their aunt & uncle

Love my family!


We're down to 19 days until our first cheer competition.  I'm not freaking out yet, but we do have a lot of work ahead of us.  But, I'm so proud of how far they've come.  And, they are so stinkin' cute!!


It's Monday, which means it's weigh in day.  Today was another small loss of .6 pounds.  I'm very slowly, but steadily losing.  I will have to be more diligent because I'm ready for a big loss.  My total is 8.5 pounds in 5 weeks.  If I were working harder, I'd have bigger numbers.  That is my goal this week.  I ate under my points today, as well as added in 40 minutes of exercise.  We'll also be hiking this weekend (instead of eating wedding cake!).  Although I'm not seeing the numbers that I want, I know I'm making smarter choices and I feel great about that!

I also want to encourage anyone that is on a weight loss journey to find a friend or group of friends to do it with you.  I know that internal motivation is essential (D!), but some people (like myself) need external motivation and accountability.  I'm incredibly grateful for the group of friends that I have that are on this journey with me.  I'm also very thankful for my sweet husband who is cooking some awesome meals that are healthy and low in points.  =)


0 comments:

 
Loving, Losing, & Living © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops