Weekend Wrap Up

I've been so busy I really don't know which way is up.  Between the day to day activities with school, chauffeuring the girls between activities, and church commitments - I feel like I'm barely treading water.  Last week we threw a few doctor visits on top of our schedule.  Audrey is having some allergy issues.  She also had her 7 year check up.  She's in the 80th percentile for height and 75th for weight.  I'm also still waiting for my test results.  I had fasting blood work done to check my B12, sugar, and cholesterol.  I also still need to schedule my sleep study.  In the meantime, I'm finishing up my 3rd week on Weight Watchers.  Tomorrow is weigh in day.  I've lost 6.6 pounds so far.  =)

We have a super busy week ahead.  Monday is weight watchers, school, and ballet.  Tuesday is school and cheer.  Wednesday is school and church.  This Thursday Derek & I have to make a quick trip to Knoxville to fill out some paperwork & meet with Derek's PhD professor.  Saturday is a birthday dinner.  And, Sunday is a church celebration and cheer.  

Somewhere in there I'll fit some sleep in.  LOL  

I also want to give a shout out to my amazing husband!  We met on a blind date 9 years ago this week.  Time is flying by!  I'm so proud of the wonderful man he is.  He doesn't just talk the talk, he really walks the walk.  I know that he would never advertise this, but I just have to share what kind of person he is.  He met a family in need last week - they had both lost their jobs, were hungry, and living in a motel (but had been locked out because they had no more money).  Derek filled their car with gas, bought them food, and paid for 2 more nights in their motel.  More importantly than that, he sat and prayed & talked with them.  He encouraged them.  God really used him to minister to this family.  Also, this week, Derek took off a day of work to help me with the girls.  We just had so much extra stuff going on and I really needed the help.  What a great man.  I am truly blessed!  Here's to many, many more wonderful years!

The girls stretching before ballet class.

Derek grinding the pork that went in his home made cannelloni we took to supper club last night.  DELICIOUS!  Seriously, he ground the meat, made the sauce from scratch, and made the pasta from scratch.  He's pretty amazing!
 

1 comments:

  1. Fields said...:

    That story makes my heart smile. I'll be praying for those people he met.

    6.6 pounds! Awesome!!!!!

    Let me know if you can still meet up this week. I hope so!

 
Loving, Losing, & Living © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops