Skinny Day

Now, let me preface this entry by saying I am in no way near a true description of "skinny", but I did have a "skinny-feeling-kinda-day". I fit into a black skirt that I haven't worn since before I got pregnant with Maddie. I bought a shirt last night that is two sizes smaller than I've been wearing and it looked good. I stood on stage at church today for the first time singing on the Praise Team and felt confident. I looked down and didn't see a big belly hanging out. I even caught a glimpse of myself a couple of times on the monitor and thought, "Hey, I don't look fat". LOL I still have a ways to go, but I see a light at the end of the tunnel. It is happening very slowly, but it is healthier this way. I had what I thought was a horrible week last week, having eaten more than my share of points, but I still lost .6 pounds. I'll take it! It's better than a gain any day. I have 30 more pounds to lose to be where I was when I met Derek on our blind date. :) That is a huge goal for me. I was so confident when I was at that weight. I even wore a bikini back then. lol Granted, I've had two kids since then so things aren't exactly where they use to be, but I will wear a bathing suit soon. Step one though is to wear a pair of shorts. I haven't worn shorts in years because I've been so self conscious about my legs. Baby steps! I'm also so happy with the new active lifestyle that my whole family is living. Yesterday I walked 8 miles in the morning and then in the evening Derek & I took our trikes out on the Greenway for a 13.6 mile ride. It was great! It's so much better than sitting around doing nothing or watching TV. For the first time in a really long time, I feel good about ME.

2 comments:

  1. Katie said...:

    Yay Kimmie!! I'm so ecstatic for you!! You have inspired so much! Starting ASAP, Nick and I are going to diet and I'm going to read your blogs and plaster them on my fridge to help me stay motivated!

    I'm sure you look beautiful, as always, and I want to see some pics! Post some to FB or on here!

  1. Kim said...:

    Love you, Katie!! And, YOU can do it, too!! I'll post some more pics soon. <3

 
Loving, Losing, & Living © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops