Just one of those days....

I'm in a funk.  I'm feeling blue.  Call it hormones, perhaps.  Strange things are happening to this now-36-year-old body.  Could just be Satan himself trying to bring me down because he knows how much God & I have been talking lately.  Whatever it is, I don't like it.  I'm not feeling so much like myself these days.  And, why is it when we're down, we feel the urge to drudge up more sadness from the past in hopes it makes us feel better today?  Seriously, how ridiculous is that?

"Snap out of it already", I hear you saying from the other side of the screen.  Don't get me wrong, I know how good I've got it!  I'm blessed with an amazing husband who truly loves me as I am.  I have two beautiful, healthy daughters.  We live in a wonderful home with great neighbors.  I have an abundance of precious friends and a loving family.  I have a God that cares about me and accepts me in the raw.  I have it better than most, I'd say.  So, what's my deal?

I battled depression in my mid to late 20's.  I don't know if it was triggered by difficult situations of the time or if it's just a chemical or genetic thing since I know there's a history of it my family.  In any case, I'm feeling blah.  So, I'm going to go have some chocolate, take a hot shower, say a prayer, and go love on the blessings I have!  Thanks for letting me have a downer kinda day, friends.....

2 comments:

  1. Rikki Kreger said...:

    It happens! At least in my world, it does.

  1. Darsi said...:

    I think everyone goes through periods like that, and you're certainly entitled to some "down time" in between SuperMom episodes! Hope it's nothing too serious, but you know your friends are here for you if you need anything! Love ya!

 
Loving, Losing, & Living © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops