Hello Fall!

Hello, out there!  Shew, have we had some happenings around here!  The blog is falling to the wayside again.  Sorry.  Where should I start?  How 'bout if I break down like this....

School:  We've almost completed 7 weeks.  We've had more good days than bad.  (Yay!)  I really do see some improvements in reading.   I'm working with her to build her confidence.  She is capable of reading much more than she is.  She surprises herself at times.  :)  We've just finished reading The Hundred Dresses and will be starting Johnny Appleseed this week in our read alouds.  We've discovered the books on CDs.  It's a great reward for her.  She just finished Beverly Clearly's Beazus and Ramona and is currently listening to The Secret Garden.  Her handwriting is continuing to improve despite her aversions.  :)  She's moving a little slowly in math right now, but I want to make sure she "gets it".  Still behind in Science, but we'll keep working!  She loves history!  Last week we starting studying Medieval times so the whole family went to the Medieval Times Dinner Theater last night.  The girls LOVED it!  Maddie was mesmerized by the horses.  :)

Health - I've been totally depressed about my health and weight lately.  I've had pink eye twice in the last month.  Then I had some sort of virus and my face broke out in sores.  Looks awful!  Then, got bit by a spider and my leg turned red and swelled up.  Not pretty!  I'm feeling better today.  I even got myself to the gym (and Greenway) and worked out twice.  Hubby and I rode 10 miles on the Trikes today.  It was wonderful!  Earlier in the week I walked a 5k.  It felt good to exercise again.  Gotta keep it up!!

Audrey - She had her EEG last week to see if the Epilepsy is gone.  We should have results hopefully this week, if not, definitely by the next.  I'm praying for complete healing!  I'm hopeful she can come off her medicine.

Craziness - Two nights ago, both of our cars were broken into.  Sucks.  But, I'm fortunate that they didn't take my van.  The spare key was in D's car, which is how they got into my van.  They only took my GPS (and a half a day of time lost hanging out with the police).  They hit several cars in our neighborhood and the one across the street.  I'm ok with the GPS, but admit I feel violated.  :(

Needless to say, with our week, we had an impromptu "fall break".  With Wednesday's EEG, I had to sleep deprive her the night before, so that day was out.  Thursday is my normal morning commitment to Bible Study, but the afternoon (usual school time) was filled with outings and getting the van fixed.  Then, Friday was a day with the police because of the break ins.  We will be finishing up last week's lessons this week and starting on the next week. Thank goodness for flexibility!

That's it for now!
Enjoying a day at the park

Fun times at the quiet park ;)

Line leader on picture day

BFF's waiting for pictures

One of Audrey's new favs - Pattern Blocks

Medieval Times - The knight threw the flower to Maddie =)

Perfect attire for our evening at Medieval Times

First Grade Picture Day

Picture Day outfit chosen by the 3 year old herself - and then there were press on Princess nails =)

1 comments:

  1. Fields said...:

    Dang girl. I hate that you have had so much craziness lately. Hopefully the car break-ins was the last of it all and now you all can find your normal. I love the field trip for the whole family! I've always wanted to go to one of those places.

 
Loving, Losing, & Living © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops