Guilt Free Schooling


We are a little over two weeks into school and the girls are loving it.  Audrey is out of bed and dressed before we can even come in to make sure they're up?  Maddie is not so enthusiastic at 6:45 am.  I am switching off carpooling with a neighbor and its really nice.  The kids get to sleep an extra 45 minutes since they're not riding the bus.   Two days a week I have time to make a hot breakfast (and maybe catch a few extra z's when they leave).  One morning a week I help in Maddie's class for an hour then head out for coffee and grocery shopping.  I've also enjoyed having a few lunches and breakfasts with my husband each week.  :)

I thought I would feel very guilty for not homeschooling this year, but honestly, I feel like I'm a better mom and wife right now.  I'm not stressed to the max.  I have more time to stay up with house work, meals, errands, chauffeuring girls around, and all of my volunteer work.  Audrey is thriving in the classroom.  She is taking her homework very seriously.  We've been spending about 30 minutes to an hour together on it each night and she's putting a lot more effort into her work.  I'm really proud of her.  She asked me today if they could go to school there next year, too.  It makes me happy to see her so happy!

Maddie's situation is actually going to be changing.  I got a call yesterday that in an effort to reduce the number of kids per classroom, they are taking a few kids from each class and creating a new kindergarten class.  The new teacher will start Monday.  Maddie was one of the kids pulled.  I'm not crazy about it because she's finally gotten into a routine and I was really happy with her teachers.  I know everything happens for a reason and God is in control.  I'm just praying for a smooth transition next week.

The girls' extra curricular activities are up and going.  We've eliminated a few and think we have a good balance.  Audrey is taking an hour of hip hop and an hour of drama/music each week.  Maddie has her cheer practice twice and tumbling once a week.  Our Wednesday night church activities will start back mid September and then we'll be full swing into our year.  Let's do this!!

On a totally different note, I feel the need to say how blessed I am to have such a great husband.  So many wives struggle to do it all because their husbands don't help or have much to do with their children.  Derek is an amazing dad!  He's tough, no doubt about it!  But, he loves them and enjoys spending time with them EVERY day.  He sings to them each night at bed time.  He cooks for them, plays with them and teaches them.  I am very grateful!

Here's to a relaxing weekend!  Enjoy time with your family!

0 comments:

 
Loving, Losing, & Living © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops